XXXIXth RENCONTRES DE MORIOND
ELECTROWEAK INTERACTIONS AND UNIFIED THEORIES
La Thuile, Aosta Valley, Italy
March 21 - 28, 2004
1. From Paris to Geneva by train (www.sncf.com).
Please note that reservations are compulsory for TGV trains. Be especially careful not to reserve too late: TGV trains from Geneva are often full at this time of the year, and particularly on Sundays .
SUNDAY, MARCH 21, 2004
Departure from Arrival in
Paris Gare de Lyon Geneva
07 h 10 10 h 45
10 h 30 13 h 58
SUNDAY, MARCH 28, 2004
Return from Arrival in Paris
Geneva Gare de Lyon
16 h 43 20 h 21
19 h 23 22 h 45
* Please note that rooms may not be available before 17 h 00 on Sunday, March 21th.
Change in Geneva Train Station to Geneva Airport. There is a train every 15 minutes - Duration 7 minutes.
2. From Geneva Airoport to La Thuile
With the Conference buses: departure from Geneva Airport (International Sector),
Meeting point at the arrival level at the desk Accueil France International (International Sector of
Geneva airport - Tourism Information). The driver of the bus will meet you there 15 minutes before departure.
On Sunday, March 21st: :
. the first bus will leave at 13 h 30,
. the second bus will leave at 14 h 45
. the third bus will leave at 15 h.
Do not forget that you may need a transit visa going through Switzerland to Italy.
Return Conference buses are scheduled to leave La Thuile on Sunday, March 28th:
. 2 buses will leave at 12 h 30 (after lunch) and will reach Geneva airport around 16 h 00, depending on the traffic,
. 1 bus will leave at 13 h 00 sharp.
3. From Geneva Airport to Chamonix by a regular bus (33,00 euros one way - duration 1 h 30), then a taxi to la Thuile (approximate cost: 90 euros).
Information can be found by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Transfer to and from Milano Airport: Malpensa (www.lathuile.it/english/dove.htm)
Departure from Malpensa Arrival in La Thuile
10 h 30 14 h 30
15 h 00 18 h 40
Departure from La Thuile Arrival in Milano Malpensa
4 h 30 8 h 20
9 h 30 13 h 20
Cost: 22 euros one way - 44 euros with return
Reservation at the hotel 6 days before the arrival or the departure: communicate at the hotel reception your name and surname, the number of passengers using the transfer, the flight number and arrival time in Milan Malpensa. A hostess will wait for passengers at the meeting point.
5. By train (http://www.trenitalia.it)
There is a train station in Pré Saint Didier (less than 10 kms from La Thuile).
6. By car (http:/www.maporama.com/share)
La Thuile can be easily reached by car, by the A40 highway to St Gervais, then by the E25 to Chamonix, Courmayeur and Pré Saint Didier and then turn right direction to La Thuile via Strata Statale Valle d'Aosta (10 km).
If chains are necessary, the sooner you put them on, the better. In La Thuile, the temperature can easily go down under 0° C: make sure you have sufficient antifreeze.
1. Ski and boot rental is available near the Hotel.
2. Swimming pool and fitness center at the Hotel.
2. If you fly to Geneva or Milano airports and your luggage is missing on your arrival, when making your claim, ask for your luggage to be forwarded to you to Hotel Planibel in La Thuile by taxi.